Some steps may be required to adjust the temperature of the solar water heater. solar water heaters and electric water heaters are temperature adjustable，Adjust the thermostat settings,It is cumbersome to adjust the temperature of the Rim water heater. We provide a simple and fast solar water heater. You only need to write a simple mail.
How to adjust the temperature of solar water heaters is safer?
The water temperature in your home has too high and you risk being scalded; too low and you’ll be stuck shivering under a lukewarm shower. Fortunately, adjusting a hot water heater is simple, provided that you’re careful. For your own safety, shut off the power to the water heater at your home’s main circuit breaker. Then, unscrew the access panel on the side of the unit and use a flat-blade screwdriver to raise or lower the temperature according to the ranges listed on the dial. When you’re finished, be sure to test your water temperature before hopping in the shower.
There are several ways to adjust the temperature of the water heater?
- Adjust the electric water heater temperature (temperature adjustment switch)
- Adjust the proportion of hot and cold water in the faucet（This method is used except for electric water heaters.）
- Test water temperature
How to change the minimum water temperature by adjusting the thermostat?
The minimum drinking water temperature can be changed by adjusting the thermostat. Before completing any work, turn on the switch, disconnect all water supply main circuit breakers or fuse boxes from the water heater and heat source (solar collector). Remove the cover and fold the insulation away from the outside
control. Use a screwdriver to adjust the thermostat dial until the minimum acceptable temperature is reached. The thermostat is factory preset to 120°F (49°C).
Keep in mind that lower temperature settings are more energy efficient. Turn the temperature knob 3 clockwise to increase the water temperature. Rotate the thermostat dial counterclockwise 4 to lower the temperature setting. Replace the insulation to ensure good control coverage and the plastic terminal shroud is not displaced. Replace the access panel. Water heater is Now ready to run, the main switch can be turned off
This is our solar water heater product
Adjusting the water temperature of solar water heaters will affect the heating cycle?
After the solar water heater completes a heat-up cycle, check the water temperature at a faucet. Allow enough water to flow to ensure that the faucet water temperature reflects the tank temperature. Adjust the water heater’s temperature setting as necessary.
Adjusting to a lower temperature setting will not immediately affect water temperature. Draw sufficient water or allow the water heater to remain idle until a heat-up cycle is initiated. After the heater’s heat-up cycle is complete, check the water temperature at a faucet to determine if further adjustment is necessary.
Adjusting to a higher temperature may not immediately affect water temperature. If a heat-up cycle begins, allow the heat-up cycle to complete before checking the water temperature. If a heat-up cycle does not begin, draw sufficient water or allow the water heater to remain idle until a heat-up cycle is initiated. After the heater’s heat-up cycle is complete, check the water temperature at a faucet to determine if further adjustment is necessary.
Precautions when adjusting the temperature of the electric water heater
- Consult your water heater owner’s manual for instructions on how to operate the thermostat.
- You can find a thermostat dial for a gas storage water heater near the bottom of the tank on the gas valve. Electric water heaters, on the other hand, may have thermostats positioned behind screw-on plates or panels.
- As a safety precaution, shut off the electricity to the water heater before removing/opening the panels.
1) Find the current temperature.
Measure the beginning temperature of your hot water using a thermometer at the tap farthest from the water heater. Thermostat dials are often inaccurate.
2) Mark the setting, then turn down the thermostat.
Mark the beginning temperature on your water heater thermostat with a marker, and then turn the thermostat down.
3) Measure and adjust.
Wait a couple of hours, and then measure the water temperature again at the farthest tap from the water heater. Several adjustments may be necessary before you get the temperature you desire.
4) Mark the new temperature.
If you are satisfied with the temperature, mark the new temperature on the water heater thermostat with a marker, so that you can make adjustments in the future if necessary.
How to judge the maximum temperature of the water heater?
- Above all: safety first ! never never exceed the max. allowable working temp. or max. allowable working pressure of any equipment ! double check that !
- For domestic hot water (DHW) systems without solar heating devices, at least in the U.S., many working systems are usually code limited by a temp./pressure to about +200 deg. F. and +150 PSI.Most solar thermal devices used for heating fluids under pressure such as for DHW applications are rated for the same pressures as DHW common and non solar DHW systems. The temp. ratings may be higher for the solar components. They are usually the same or higher, and better not be lower.Other countries I’m familiar with have similar requirements.
- Be careful of definitions. A “Max. allowable working temp.” of 120 deg. F., may be referring to some component. FWIW, that seems pretty low for a domestic water heater. Sounds like a pool water heater or some other low temp. application, not for DHW in the usual sense.
- Unless specifically designed for preheating only, most DHW systems using solar devices are capable of, and usually and routinely exceed +120 deg. F. operating temp., often by a fair amount.
- The max. attainable temp. of a solar water heater is a function of the design. Under no flow (stagnation) conditions with no, or malfunctioning, relieving devices, temps. in a flat plate under full sun can easily rise to ~ 150 deg. F. or more above the ambient temp. If the working fluid is H2O and the temp./pressure is high enough, depending on the press./temp. relieving device, the water will boil off, and/or H2O will leak from the relieving device (you hope).You can limit the max. tank temp. to anything you want, but the solar collector and the sun have their own ideas about how hot they will get.
How to adjust the temperature of solar water heaters youtube video guide
Ordinary solar water heater temperature regulation
- Adjust the temperature through the bath faucet
I not only provide solar water heaters, electric water heater products, but also sell shower baths.Good quality and reasonable price.Email us now to complete your order.
- Control water temperature by controlling hot water outlet valve
Want to know more?(Solar Water Heater)
Email: [email protected]
WhatsApp：+86 157 2077 3477
Skype ：+86 157 2077 3477